Monday 18 June 2012

DINOSAURS, BABIES, IMAGINAUTS and a teary farewell to Out Of The Box!


FRIDAY AT THE DINOSAUR PETTING ZOO!!


 I didnt know at all what it was going to be like at the Dinosaur Petting Zoo! I sat right down the front next to my best kindy friend Sophie and our mummies and Stella had to sit a bit further back. There were lots and lots of school kids all around us. A man called Scott came out on stage to start the show and he was so cool, he knew everything about dinosaurs and he was very funny! And guess what, when they bought out the first baby dinosaurs and asked if any kids wanted to pat them, I was the 1st kid to get upon on stage and ACTUALLY TOUCH A DINOSAUR!!!!!!

I thought it had to be real even though Scott said they were all puppets, coz it felt so real. I was a bit confused when he told me to pat behind its ears because it didnt even look like it had ears!! It was very cute and it loved me patting it because it kind of rubbed its head against me like a kitten!.... 

There were two ladies whose job it was to look after the dinosaurs and make sure they behaved themselves. The last dinosaur was ginormous and very very scary!!  Scott got one of the girls in the audience to come out and feed some guts to the dinosaur but I was worried it might actually eat her instead!!! 
The big dinosaur kept getting out of control and thrashing around and leaping towards the audience and there were kids screaming and lots of them were even crying they were so scared! 

Then Scott realised that the dinosaur had a sore tooth and thats why he was so incredibly cranky! So he pulled the tooth out while some kids gave the dinosaur a massage to relax and distract it. It felt much better after that!
I just loved the dinosaur petting zoo because it was just such a MIRACLE to see dinosaurs in the middle of Brisbane! It was funny because you could kind of see two black legs sticking out underneath the dinosaur but I forgot about that and really believed it was completely real!! I really loved how at the very end one of the show one of the boys in the audience put his head in the dinosaurs mouth!!! it was AMAZING and he was SO BRAVE!!!
This is a picture of the cute baby dinosaur!





                SATURDAY WITH STELLA! 


On Saturday Mummy took Stella and I really early to see "This Baby Life". I thought it was really beautiful watching the babies in the audience seeing their first ever show. The actors just made lovely sounds and moved around in a really interesting and graceful way. Sometimes they even copied what the babies were doing. Even though Stella isnt really a baby anymore (actually she thinks shes bigger than me, which is pretty funny!) and Im definitely not a baby, we still enjoyed the show.


 Next we went to "We Built this City" which was this amazing place where there were like hundreds and thousands of boxes in humungous piles and these builders blew whistles and told us to help them make a whole city out of the boxes. It was like playing with blocks and building towers at home, except everything was so much bigger and higher! 

 It was the mummy and daddy's job to do whatever the kids told them to, and to put the boxes up high when we couldnt reach. We had such a great time and we made a house with really high walls and then it got bigger and bigger with more and more and more rooms until we joined up with a house that 2 boys were building behind us! 


Stella mainly just liked running through the tunnels we built and mummy kept getting worried that she could lose her!! 
At the end, the builders told us all to pretend we were a really big strong wind and we had to blow all the buildings down...That was really fun too!! 


Next we had lunch and went back to the car to get our teddy bears for the next show which was called "Bear with Me"


We all sat on the ground with our teddy bears around boxes which we used like a stage for the bears to dance and do stuff on. There was a picture of a bear up on a big screen and then 2 men came out called Tyrone and Leslie and they talked about teddy bears and sang lots of lovely songs about bears as well. I really liked how they made us 'walk the bears up the mountain'.Bruno and Charlie Bear had a lovely time. I also really liked how we tucked the teddy bears into bed while we sang them a bedtime song! After that show we went home, and mummy and Stella were pretty tired but I wasnt!





"HELLO SPACEBOY" AND THE LAST DAY OF THE FESTIVAL (SOB SOB!!)

Amy the Imaganaut, Lord Shadow and Max 

On Sunday I went to see "Hello Spaceboy" with my special friends Fletcher and Sophie. It was the best show of the whole festival!!!(As well as "Me and My Shadow") I absolutely loved it and thought that the acting was brilliant , especially the man who played Lord Shadow.




He was my absolute favourite. He was a real baddie at first but Amy the Imaginaut told us that sometimes people do mean things because they're really scared. So once Amy and Max showed him he didnt have to be scared of bad dreams, he stopped being such a meanie! I really liked the Imaginauts costume and the way she moved and danced. It was a fantastic story and it showed us that with our imagination we can have brilliant adventures!

Sophie, Fletcher and I   
After the show I took my friends into the Sticky Maze which we all really loved. We got lost from our Mummies on purpose and when we found them again they had lost MY mummy because she had gone looking for us kids! 

Anyway after we all found each other again, we went to the Underage Stage where we watched "The Spiky Band" who were great! 
There were kids and grown ups making rock 'n'roll together and a huge echidna came out and had a big dance. There were lots of other kids dressed up as emus, koalas, cockatoos and even a caterpiller!


When Mummy told me it was time to go home, I got really sad. I didnt want to go because it was the very last day of the festival and i didnt want it to ever ever finish. I felt like crying because I was very sad. But now when im writing my blog, it makes me remember everything again and that makes me happy.  I felt so lucky being asked to blog for the festival and getting to go to so many shows. Thank you Out of the Box, I cant wait till next year!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx
Me shouting to the whole of Brisbane how much I LOVE Out Of The Box!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment